Friday, May 13, 2011

Yellow Rice

Yellow rice is very yummy. I like it with tacos.

Saffron makes the rice yellow. Saffron comes from the saffron crocus. Each flower has three stigmas, which we know as the spice, saffron. Like nutmeg, it is poisonous in large amounts. The cultivation of saffron goes back 3,000 years. Experts believe it was first documented in the 7th century BC, by Ashurbinpal, in an Assyrian botanical text.

We use Mahatma Saffron Yellow Rice. It's easy to make. Yellow rice is flavorful and mouth-watering.

I also like, because I'm practicing being rich, and saffron is the most expensive spice by weight.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your food facts that you include with your write ups of foods you like! Keep up the good work, as I am looking forward to reading more of them.

    ReplyDelete